IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR PATIENTS:
As of 20.1.2020 the telephone number for Crocus Medical Practice will be 01799 522327 only
(01799 530228 & 01799 524224 will be phased out)
CROCUS MEDICAL PRACTICE
IMPORTANT PATIENT INFORMATION
- OUR RECEPTION TEAM WILL TRY TO NAVIGATE YOU TO THE MOST APPROPRIATE CLINICIAN TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. THIS MIGHT NOT ALWAYS BE WITH A GP; BUT IT COULD BE WITH A PHYSIO, NURSE PRACTITIONER, OR OUR NEW EXPERIENCED EMERGENCY PRACTITIONERS. ALL OF WHOM ARE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF A GP.
- WHEN YOU CONTACT THE SURGERY YOU WILL SPEAK TO A RECEPTIONIST WHO WILL TREAT YOUR CALL WITH THE SAME LEVEL OF CONFIDENTIALITY AS OUR CLINICIANS.
- AT THE DOCTORS REQUEST YOU WILL BE ASKED A FEW QUESTIONS WHY YOU NEED AN APPOINTMENT.
- THIS IS SO THE RECEPTIONISTS CAN NAVIGATE YOU TO THE CORRECT CLINICAL HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL.
- IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE UNABLE TO PASS ON ANY INFORMATION PLEASE TELL THE RECEPTIONISTS IT IS PERSONAL.
- WE WILL ALSO CONTINUE TO HAVE A DOCTOR TRIAGING APPOINTMENTS.
- IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE SPEAK TO THE RECEPTION TEAM WHO WILL PASS ON ANY CONCERNS OR COMMENTS.
- IT IS A CHALLENGING TIME IN PRIMARY CARE AND THE PRACTICE WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED COOPERATION AND SUPPORT.
We were pleased to welcome Dr Satyen Singhai to our practice team - he will be starting on 7.1.2020
We are pleased to announce that we now have two Registrars, a Physiotherapist, two Paramedic Practitioners and a Dietician working with us at the practice
Dr Arham Munawar (f) - GP Registrar and will be with the surgery until August 2020.
Dr Gohar Saeed (f) - GP registrar who will be with the surgery until August 2020
Physiotherapist, Alex Newton will be holding weekly clinics - please contact reception for an appointment.
Paramedic - Vicky Bryning - is working with us doing home visits.
Paramedic Practitioners - Abigail Merrell & David Binns are now working with the surgery doing home visits and supporting the doctors with frailty clinics
Due to new regulations, the dispensary will be closed at both surgeries between 1 - 2pm each day. On the dates of the Educational Shutdowns the dispensary will close at 12 noon.
We now operate a texting service, texts are sent to patients reminding them about their booked appointments - one week before and 24hours before their actual appointment. Patients will have the option to cancel the appointment if they no longer require it. We hope that this service will help to reduce our number of DNA appointments.
Please let us know if you have moved or have a new contact number
We will now be reviewing all long term conditions in your birthday month. Please book an appointment to review your condition and medication in your birthday month.
If you supply us with a landline or mobile telephone number, we will, unless you advise us not to, use it to contact you. This could also include via a text message or voice message to you reminding you about appointments.